As work becomes more and more complex, engaging employees in generating new ideas that solve business challenges is critical for any organization. Managers can no longer rely on their own expertise to get work done and find themselves having to supervise work that requires collaboration among different parts of the organization. They also need to get work done with less and ensure that those who are performing the work have the necessary skills to execute the tasks. Delegating is a powerful tool for achieving all of these managerial challenges. And yet, for many managers, delegating is a challenge. This workshop will help managers understand the benefits of delegation as well as identify which tasks to delegate to which direct reports.
- Understand the benefits that delegating can have for you and your associates
- Determine which tasks are best suited for delegation
- Understand how to select the right task for the right associate
- Identify the steps involved in the delegation process
- Recognize the methods that can be used to monitor progress
- Presentation: Why Delegate?
- Presentation: Determining What to Delegate
- Application: Determining What to Delegate
- Presentation: Uncovering to Whom and How to Delegate
- Application: Identifying to Whom and How to Delegate
- Presentation: Determining Your Role
- Application: How to Stay Involved
- Presentation: Ensuring Success